Twist and Shout

Twist and Shout
Life is never straight (Joey Kulkin photo)

Thursday, May 10, 2012

El Latino TV en Vivo! Production Notes: "En Contacto Con la Comunidad" Episodio 12

Family Party Restaurant on corner of Hudson and Mott: Awesome food

TRENTON -- I need to give a huge thanks to Trentonian night cop Matt Osborne for allowing Carlos Avila to broadcast his show at my desk, which is in the sports pod. It was kind of hectic as 7 o'clock rolled around, and I know Matt wasn't in the mood to listen to an hour of Spanish talk. I'll take that into consideration as I try to find a suitable day and time to shoot the show that is becoming more popular in Trenton. Today's episode was a Mother's Day special. Carlos invited an array of women to celebrate their lives and careers. He presented each female with flowers at the end of their chats. Zarina Paz was back on the set after a month away to offer translating services for me. Always nice to have her whispering in my ear. Guillermo Luna also made a return appearance to provide an update about his stolen car -- only it was "stolen" by a towing company in Morrisville. Guillermo put his smarts on display as he explained how he found out about the caper.

Here are the photos from the broadcast, and below them is the 55-minute episode with a commercial for Family Party Restaurant, the new place on the corner of Hudson and Mott in the Burg. An Ecuadorian by the name of Tony Rivas owns it, and a man by the name of Jose is the head chef, and I'll be damned if Jose doesn't make some of the best food I've eaten. Two hours before the broadcast, Carlos Avila and I were there and feasted on pork and chicken marsala and large Ecuadorian white corn kernals.
























No comments:

Post a Comment