Twist and Shout

Twist and Shout
Life is never straight (Joey Kulkin photo)

Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Hey look, it's the sun!


BENNINGTON -- July 1. Skipped the gym this morning. Felt like lounging in bed instead and taking photos of the sun bursting through the wood shutters to get the effect you see in the photo above. No, I don't think depression is kicking in. Just in a rut. Had maybe 5 days off the last 2 years. Tired. And trying to write my way out of love which is tougher than I thought it would be. Exhaustion I can do. Exhaustion I've always done. Exhaustion I be doin'. Been running on fumes for 20 years.

Love? Love is a whole other matzo ball, bubala.

I'll get there, soon. Maybe I'll go to the gym this afternoon. That rhymes. I must be a poet!

You'd think I'd -- 2 contractions in 3 words? Failure! -- be more cheery after a strong week in the gallery. As in as good as -- don't use "as" 3 times in 5 words! Failure! -- any stretch since I've been here. 2 years. Started a sentence with a numeral. Failure!

All that aside, the truth of the matter is ... loneliness stinks.

The boy behind the façade just wants to be loved for a few minutes. I had to Google the word façade and copy and paste it so the punctuation mark would show up under the c.



No comments:

Post a Comment