Twist and Shout

Twist and Shout
Life is never straight (Joey Kulkin photo)

Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Synchronicity II

Kinnick Stadium, Iowa City (Photo courtesy www.onwardstate.com)

BENNINGTON -- Amy gave me a handful of really cool memories about her childhood friendship with Nina so I thought I'd ask the same of Nina. From the car with her family somewhere near Coalinga California, which, according to her husband, smells "like pig butt", Nina sent me this healthy paragraph:

"I thought Amy was so lucky to live in the country. It was a treat to go to her house and spend time with her and her cat Toby, dog AJ, the tadpoles and frogs in the pond, and of course her baby brother. We had that unspoken bond that seems IMPOSSIBLE to find when you grow older. It was one of those difficult life adjustments to separate when we entered two different high schools. (Although I did go to one City High dance and remember us dancing together to a Genesis song ...) Why a few miles got in the way of things is a mystery, I blame it on boys and everything else that life became at that age! Facebook brought our worlds a little closer again, and it remains such a pleasure to know her!"

As mentioned, Amy and Nina loved -- LOVED! -- The Police, especially the Synchronicity album, so here's the entire album (whoever created YouTube deserves the Nobel Prize).


No comments:

Post a Comment