Twist and Shout

Twist and Shout
Life is never straight (Joey Kulkin photo)

Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Millicent

We have 1 more sands of time at Fiddlehead (Joey Kulkin photo)

BENNINGTON -- This is Colin. You can tell a whole lot about him by his eyes here.

The last time I saw so many fireworks explode in a boy's eyes, Millicent kissed Bobby on the mouth. Colin is years away from his first smooch. In the meantime he'll mesmerize himself with this new toy that combines sand, water, glitter, air bubbles and gravity. Spin it around and what a wonderful new world it creates. He chose it over an iPod.

I have a small summer cold. Well, my nose is running. Does that qualify as a cold?

And why do they call it a cold? I'm not cold.

I wish someone would baby me tonight. Hold me close and run her fingers through my hair and massage my ears and talk to me softly and tell me I'm special. That sounds so fucking cornball but it's what every man desires when he has a cold or is sick. Just a little TLC, the female touch, mommy without the "mommy".

But you know me. That ain't happening tonight, or anytime soon, but that's OK because I just took a big fucking swig of NyQuil -- capital N, small y, capital fucking Q! -- and will watch the Cubbies at Fenway till I fade to black. Olt just hit one to Dorchester and Barney followed with a Monster-misplayed triple. Cubbies 5-1 in the 4th. Make that 6-1.

Say goodnight, Joey.

Goodnight, Joey.


No comments:

Post a Comment