Twist and Shout

Twist and Shout
Life is never straight (Joey Kulkin photo)

Thursday, July 3, 2014

Of Kramer, Merv, and the hot Polish guy

Jen from Oldcastle Theatre (Joey Kulkin photo)

BENNINGTON -- Vosjon's Polish war eagle got me thinking about the little birdie this morning. You just never know when it's going to end.

You know, the birdie wakes up today, chomps on a little birdseed, gets his birdbath on, is feeling nice and spry and pluck-feathery -- just made that word up -- and goes out for a little fly about town, oh what a beautiful morning, oh way a beautiful day, I've got a beautiful feeling, everything going my <CRASHES INTO WINDOW!>

At least when I was driving in and out of the parking lot this morning I was able to pump the brakes to avoid getting hit by the other cars.

Poor bird.

Anyhoo, Saturday is the 25th anniversary of the pilot episode of Seinfeld.

Anyone who knows me knows how much I love the show. My favorite episode is this one.



On a slightly smaller theatrical scale, Oldcastle's new show is called "4,000 Miles" -- written by Amy Herzog. Sixteen performances from July 11 to July 27. Jen, who works in Oldcastle's marketing kiosk, came into Fiddlehead a bit ago to give us a poster to hang. She also said you can "buy 1 get 1 free" so call (802) 447-0564 for details. Oh, she also chalked it up in the Graffiti Vault, which is why you see that photo above, and almost began to drool after spying an unopened set of Harry Potter books in Fiddlehead's "Banned Books" case. I told her I'd give her a hefty discount if she bought it. She said today is payday and that she'd be back ... Jenny Beback. Just before she left she said she follows Fiddlehead's Facebook page and thought very highly of the "hot Polish guy" I wrote about.

No comments:

Post a Comment