Twist and Shout

Twist and Shout
Life is never straight (Joey Kulkin photo)

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Vignettes from Vermont: Joe Around the World day 10

Joey Kulkin photo, January 20, 2009, High Noon
More Inauguration Day photos inside The Trentonian newsroom HERE

BENNINGTON -- Today's brew is Costa Rican "Tarrazu" and I have a quick Costa Rica story: the other day a couple walked into Fiddlehead at Four Corners and one thing leads to another and I'm shin-deep in a chat with the lady who told me she's off to Costa Rica to vacation.

Not sure if you can turn the word vacation into a verb, although the Europeans do.

Anyway, the description for Tarrazu reads "Delicious snappy acidity, excellent body and full complex flavor from the Tarrazu region" and I've gotta say this: the taste does cling to your mouth as the java trickles down your throat.

Good coffee. 4.5 perks out of 5. I think it just overtook French Roast.

I take my coffee black.

Speaking of which, our president is black ... how about *THAT* segue, huh!

Right, right. Uh-huh!

Black coffee ... black president ... killer segue ...

Hello?

<crickets>

So ... tonight is presidential debate No. 1 from Denver, which is fresh, hip and groovy, like Nob Hill, Albuquerque; Nob Hill, where you can go to a pub for some brews with your bros and watch the sun set over the Sandias. I spent a month in Nob Hill one night. Spent a couple years in Albuquerque another night. New Mexico. Jesus. What was that all about?

Sorry, the ol' mind wandered a bit, which is probably what's going to happen tonight when I watch President Obama and Mitt Romney debate in Denver.

Obama will drone on and putz his way through his professorial drollery, and Mitt'll have his usual look of abhorrence as if he's watching Wolf Blitzer finish on Paul Ryan's grill, and both of them will sound ridiculously asinine. Worse, they're going to play it like a sacrifice-bunt in the top of the 4th of a 1-1 game between the Brewers and Padres in early July.

Unless ...

... unless they decide to go rogue which, to be honest, is what we need at this point.

Obama had the brass to approve that beautifully executed commercial of Mitt singing "America the Beautiful" ...





That's the best fucking political ad since the Gobshites (Hi, Charlie!) dropped Willie Horton on Michael Dukakis. Poor Dukakis ...




That's what we need tonight, so much more of that.  

We need -- at this point we're almost lusting -- the debatical version (yes, I found an Internet reference to word debatical HERE) of the afore-posted political ads that get the masses talking because we're bored out of our skulls with the endless schmuckery of it all ...  


... talking tonight on Twitter, as it happens, like lunaticals (some vintage 2004 Internet shit HERE), and talking tomorrow morning at the water coolers and coffee machines.  


Because, Mitt, unless you blow me away  -- and I doubt you can -- and show me you have the chutzpah, the mental wherewithal, the big fat juicy balls to run 1600, my vote is going left as it has since '92.  


Not to mention, I still take my coffee black, like my President of the United States.  


Yeah? Yeah? Segue?  


<crickets>  


Nob Hill!

1 comment:

  1. Rogue, indeed. Good one Joey. love your aptly placed segues. Lol I can't wait to see your write up on this debate.

    ReplyDelete