Twist and Shout

Twist and Shout
Life is never straight (Joey Kulkin photo)

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Vignettes from Vermont: Vows and Chowda


BENNINGTON -- They asked the man who cooks this town's favorite dogs and burgers and sausage and "the New England blood clot" to marry them.

Only one problem.

"I told them I'm not allowed to marry them," Jimmy Carroll told Digital First Journalism this morning as he set up Jimmy Joe's Curbside Grill food cart on Main Street. "But they told me they bought me a 1-day pass, so I'm going to marry them at noon.

Digital First Journalism will be on hand to chronicle the matrimonial vows.

Until them, here is a video vignette produced in February in the days leading up to the Bennington Select Board election. Carroll's dad for years was a Selectman, and now his son is, too.


No comments:

Post a Comment