Twist and Shout

Twist and Shout
Life is never straight (Joey Kulkin photo)

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Vignettes from Vermont: My Trenton Photo Begets Her Florida Painting

BENNINGTON -- On April 21, a day off, I roamed the streets of Chambersberg photographing that which caught my eye. I took a photo of this abandoned industrial building and then captured the vast depths of the nothingness inside of it.





A journalism colleague and friend in Florida, Aimee Ford Foster, said the photo sparked something deep within her artistic soul and made her want to pick up the paintbrush for the first time in who knows how long. I was touched by the gesture. Four months later, today, a package arrived in the mail with this framed painting inside of it. It's the first time (that I know of, anyway) that my picture became art. Aimee called the original oil on canvas "Beauty and Despair" ...




To see all the photos from that journey click HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment