Twist and Shout

Twist and Shout
Life is never straight (Joey Kulkin photo)

Friday, June 27, 2014

Treatment

She bought this mug today ...

BENNINGTON -- A regular customer who bought 2 mugs today asked me what's going on with that girl because she hasn't seen any updates since last week. Told her I moved the story to a different platform but that it's over.

What do you mean it's over? she asked.

Only one other person has inquired about the production, thinking it's real. She seemed bummed out yesterday after reading what she perceived to be brooding.

Your big heart DESERVES to be loved. Sincerely. is what she wrote on Facebook. (For real.)

So it's working, I think. I hope.

Face to face with the customer today I explained that I'm writing a story and that the particular subject of my literary affections is a character. She's a real person but she's just part of a story.

It sounded so real. I was wondering when you were going to ask her out, she said.

Not at all. But it's working, I think. I hope. Took Tarantino 10 years to write Basterds.

... and this mug

No comments:

Post a Comment