Twist and Shout

Twist and Shout
Life is never straight (Joey Kulkin photo)

Monday, June 30, 2014

E4


BENNINGTON -- When you grow up in L.A. with surfer-skater chicks, it's pretty much impossible not to look at someone like Caroline and feel the libido start to spin a little. Tanned with challahesque braids held beneath a turned cap ... Epitome of cutie pie.

She grew up in Orange County New York but lives in Florida with her boyfriend Andrew. He of Bennington Vermont, who graduated Mount Anthony in '09 then enlisted in the Air Force, which is no small feat. Air Force, like Marines, gets a special breed.

He fixes the planes fighter pilots fly.

"I'm a crew chief," he says.

Minutes earlier I ask if he's going to serve overseas.

"I might go to Afghanistan in October."

Nervous? Because it's getting all crazy again.

"Oh, I want to go."

Money's too good to pass up: 4 months, 15,000 bucks.

Caroline stood next to her man the whole time smiling.

Say something nice about her, I say after explaining how L.A. surfer-chick she looks.

"She's exactly like me. She's like my best friend -- No, she is my best friend. Everything just clicks."

His girl blushed something fierce.

Good answer. Her heart is doing somersaults right now.

The skater smiled and his best friend nuzzled into him.

He shook my hand -- Thanks for serving. -- then the future DJ and the surfer-skater chick walked into the sunshine.

No comments:

Post a Comment