Twist and Shout

Twist and Shout
Life is never straight (Joey Kulkin photo)

Saturday, September 29, 2012

Vignettes from Vermont: Joe Around the World day 6

A Trenton cop watches over a dead man
on Clinton Avenue in Trenton
(Joey Kulkin photo)

BENNINGTON -- Before I explain today's cup of joe in relation to the death scene photo above, allow me to deliver a special alert that just crossed my desk:

On October 26, a world-class photographer woman by the name of Nicole Hamilton is hosting a public art event in Trenton. Hamilton said "The Inside Out Gallery Project" is intended to expose Trentonians to highbrow culture i.e. ballet dancers and monthly photography shows and French cabaret and things of that nature.

Nicole Hamilton at 24 Hours of Atelethon (Joey Kulkin photo)


If you're an arts reporter at the New York Times or just a simple housewife from Trenton, mark your calendar for October 26 -- that's October 26 -- for the latest effort in the culturefication of T-Town. For more information go to Hamilton's Facebook page HERE.

As for today's brew ...

... it is Guatemalan Amatitlan, which is described as "shade-grown estate coffee" that is "balanced with bright acidity, full body" and has "great flavor and wonderful aroma".

Two things about Guatemala (other than this coffee that is so-so, 2.5 perks out of 5):

1) My little brother married a girl from Guatemala, and they have a 12-year-old son, who I have never met because they live in L.A. and I'm an East Coaster.

2) On May 27, 2011, when I still lived in Morrisville, Bucks County, Pee-ay, I drove into Trenton on a day off for some tacos. I never made it to the taco house because I stumbled upon a dead Guatemalan, so I morphed into reporter mode and covered the scene.

There are hundreds if not thousands of empty estates in Trenton. This particular abode was a squatter's paradise by night. By day the porch served as a de facto watering hole for dozens of undocumented muchachos and South Trenton street dvotchkas.

On this day, May 27, 2011, one of the muchachos drank half of the Atlantic, fell off the porch, and, according to witnesses, broke his neck and died on the spot. He's under the white sheet.

So, after one full day online at www.getartbehappy.com, Fiddlehead at Four Corners made 5 big sales. I made a friendly wager with the gallery owner's wife Thursday night. I said the website would generate 15 sales by 6 o'clock Saturday night.

That means we need 10 more sales in 10 hours.

There's something fun, funky and functional for everyone. I like the vases. Here's one:




UPDATE: I'm on the second cup of Amatitlan. This brew is taking much better now (3.25 perks).

No comments:

Post a Comment